Search This Blog

Sunday, November 15, 2015

Cauliflower Rice Mushroom Risotto...

Today I was looking thru pinterest, cause I heard about Cauliflower Rice. Which upon looking at it, I realized it was just Cauliflower put thru the food processor to look like rice and it can be cooked like rice. Good thing I like Cauliflower, as I have made fake mashed potatoes with it before. So I am looking at recipes and one just struck me, mushroom risotto. I looked at the recipe and realized I had almost all the ingredients and was like, ok this will go great with Salmon. I changed the recipe a bit so this is my creation.
It was very delicious.

Serves 4

Ingridients:
1 head of cauliflower, cut and chopped. (I used my food processor, but you can use a cheese grater what I hear.)
1 cup low sodium chicken stock
3tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 Onion
1 glove garlic
2 cups sliced mushrooms
2 cups spinach

In a pot heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and then add the garlic and the onion. Sautee for a minute, then add the grated Cauliflower. Cook for a couple of minutes and then add the Chicken stock and simmer, don't put a lit on. for about 15mins.
In a frying pan, heat the rest of the oil and sautee the mushrooms and spinach. Then add to the Cauliflower and mix. And Voila fake low carb Risotto.

Nutrition Info:
186 calories, 16g fat (2g saturated, 11g, monounsaturated) 9g. Carbs, 5g Protein





1 comment: