Search This Blog

Friday, January 8, 2016

Curried, chicken, garbanzo beans and Sweet Potato stew...

I like a good curry and I found this recipe on Pinterest, and the pictures just looked really delicous. And when I asked my family if they wanted curry my husband and daughter both said yes. So this is what happened, cause I didn't have all the ingredients and I do like Carrots in my curry.
Also I try not to eat potatoes, rice, pasta and fruits after 3pm, but this is an exception today.

Nutrition:
298 Calories, 9gr fat, 35gr Carbohydrates, 8gr fiber, 6 sugar, 20gr Protein

This makes about 5 servings:

Ingredients:
1 small yellow onion
1 tablespoon Olive oil
3 cloves garlic
2 Teaspoons of yellow curry powder you can always add more.
Salt, to taste
1 teaspoon ginger powder
2 Carrots peeled and cut into rounds
1 can (15 oz) diced tomatoes
1 can (15 oz) chickpeas
1 large sweet potato peeled and diced into 1" chuncks
1 can (15 oz) light coconut milk
10oz. of cooked Chicken Breast
brown rice, for serving

Instructions:
In a large skilled or wok heat the olive oil, and add the onion. Cook for a couple of minutes until the onion has a glazed look, then add the garlic, ginger and Curry Powder, cook for a couple of minutes this will develop the flavors. You can always add more spice later.
Now add all the other ingredients (except for the rice), I rinsed the coconut milk can with some water and added that to the pot as well, so that everything is covered. Then bring to a simmer and cook for at least 30 minutes, even better if you can let it simmer for 50minutes.

At the last minute you can add some parsley to it and serve it over rice.


Bon apetit

No comments:

Post a Comment