Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Apple Blueberry Crumble...

We went blueberry picking today and came home with 5lb. So I had to figure something out I wanted a light dessert. I didn't wanna mess with making dough and all that. On my search for a recipe on pinterest I found a pear blueberry crumble, but I didn't have pears or the honey oats from Special K, so this is what I came up with.


Ingredients, yields 6 servings:

2 big apples, cored and cut into 1 inch pieces
1 1/2 c. fresh or frozen blueberries
2 tbsp, agave syrup ( I try to avoid white sugars)
Juice of 1 lemon
1/2 Cup water
1 tsp Cinnamon
Topping:
1 1/2 c. Oats
3 tbsp. unsalted butter
2 tbsp. Honey


Preheat your oven to 295 F.
In a pot heat the agave, water, apples, lemon juice and cinnamon, cook until the apples a fork tender. Then add the blueberries and cook for another minute. Put into baking dish.
Crumble, mix the the oats, butter (i softened mine in the micro wave for a bit) and honey and then spread over the fruit mixture. 
Bake in the oven for 30mins.
Serve and top with Ice Cream of Greek Yogurt, I topped mine with yogurt that I wipped a bit.


Nutrition Value:
207 Calories, 7g fat, 35g carbs, 17g sugars, 5g fiber, 3g protein.


No comments:

Post a Comment