Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Creamy Tuna Curry with Cauliflower

When I was a kid, we didn't have a lot of money and my sister and I used to go to a neighbor for lunch. And this neighbor used to make Tuna on a white sauce that had curry added and served it over rice. It became one of our favorite meals.
So sometimes, when I am homesick, or just a bit blue (well dealing with depression will do that) I cook comfort foods that remind me of home. But now with my new healthy eating habits, I have to change the recipes.
So yesterday, I was not feeling great, and there was not a lot in the pantry, as the groceries were delivered later in the evening. Steve said there is Tuna and a light bulb went on in my head. I had to try and make the Tuna Dish gluten and dairy free.
So here is the recipe, I hope you like it.

Ingridients:
makes 4 servings
2 cans of Tuna
1tbsp Coconut Oil
1tbsp brown rice flour.
one can of light coconut milk ( I had this in the fridge, so it was thick)
Curry Powder
Salt and Pepper


Heat up the Coconut oil and then add the rice flour. when it has soaked up all the oil add 2-3 tbsp of curry, depending on how hot/spicy you like your food. Then add the coconut milk and whisk out all the clumps. Simmer till it thickens.
I served this over steamed Cauliflower as I don't do starches in the evening, but you can serve it over rice.

En Guete!!! (as we say in Switzerland)

Nutrition:
200 calories, 11g fat, 9g carbs, 1g sugars, 19gr protein


No comments:

Post a Comment