Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Week 5, take 3 on getting this written

This is the 3rd time I am sitting down and start to write this blog entry.

Things are going well, I survived Thanksgiving by actually loosing a lb. and I made it gluten and dairy free. The kids loved the food as well, which is always a plus.

I will add the links with the recipes to the list as I write them. Some I made up some I can just link up. :D

Our feast had the following dishes:

Turkey Breast
Mashed Sweet Potatos
Caramelized Rosmary Carrots
Green Beans with Tomatos and Pine nuts
Roasted Cauliflower
Crockpot Cranberry Chutney I used only 1/4 cup of coconut sugar and I left our the raisins and nuts.


Apple Crumble I used this Recipe for the filling, but only 1/4cup of Coconut sugar and this recipe for the topping.
Pumpkin Pie this was a little tricky, I didn't have enough walnuts so I used almonds and it made it a bit greasy. It was delicious. But it could have used less coconut oil.



I hit the gym on Thursday and it felt good, especially after hurting my knee on Tuesday. Then Friday we went to the Renaissance Fair and I was so happy that a corset I bought the year before finally fit me. My fitbit went off at noon with my walking goal. And then it messed up and didn't read right. But I was so tired the next day. I didn't get to the gym Saturday or Sunday.

But here we are, week 5.
So far I am down 8lb., 8,8 inches all over and dropped my body fat by 4%. That is amazing in 4 weeks. I thought going gluten and dairy free would be hard, but it's easier than I thought. Also I noticed my excema on my hands is almost gone. I haven't had a flareup since I started this journey.
I am also a full pants size down, I fit in a pair of Jeans I haven't worn in two years, so this makes me very happy.


Keep fighting...
Claudia

No comments:

Post a Comment