Search This Blog

Saturday, November 14, 2015

Portabella Mushroom as a Bun Turkey Burger...

I was in the mood for a burger, but since I don't eat carbs after 3pm, getting a hamburger bun was a bit difficult, so I tried to figure out how to do this. And suddenly I got the idea I could use Portabella Mushroom Caps.

So here is the recipe for this yummy dinner:

2 Portabella Mushroom Caps
1 Turkey Burger Patty (I used the pre made from HEB, but you can make your own)
1/3 Avocado Slices
1 slice Tomato
Home made Hummus (for recipe click)

Preheat oven to 350F and drizzle a bit of olive oil onto the mushroom caps. Then bake them for 20mins. Meanwhile either grill your burger patty or pan sear it. (I pan seared) Once that is done you build your burger. I put Hummus on the bottom cap, then my patty, then tomato and Avocado and topped it with the second cap.
I served spinach and kale salad with it.

Nutriton:
465 cals, 21g Carbs, 31g fat (pretty much all healhty) 36g Protein,

Enjoy y'all.


No comments:

Post a Comment