Search This Blog

Thursday, February 25, 2016

Hitting a Rough Spot?

So I am 4 months into my fitness/weight loss Journey.

I am down almost 40lb. since August of 2015 and I do feel great. But this week has been rough.

I am fighting a bout with depression and some health issues, I made it to the gym yesterday and I am going walking today. Tomorrow the gym will be in the afternoon and I am going Saturday as well.

But here is what is bumming me out. I have a bone spur in my foot right in my ankle joint and it f*ing hurts. I had cortisone shots, but yesterday the decision was made to get it surgically removed. So surgery is scheduled for the 24th of March. Which gives me 4 more weeks to work out and loose more weight.  The bad thing is I am going to be in a boot for 4 weeks :( Which bums me out, here is why...

In 2008 I had my nasal septum straightened, due to doing a faceplant when I was 5 and not being able to breathe. It was a real struggle to get back into the gym then. In 2011 I had my gall bladder removed, I had already gained some weight back by then, but that surgery and the stress of the friendship that started to crumble did me in, I quit working out and eating healthy and ended up 100lb. heavier then I was in 2007.

So now you can see where my dilemma is and what demons I am fighting. But I can't stress how important it is to find support. I am very lucky to have a wonderful husband and 2 teenagers I can count on. They have my back and I am very blessed. I also have my friends and I build a wonderful online community for supporting each other in our Journeys.

I know you can do this on your own, but when it gets tough, it's easier to have someone that tells you they believe in you. Or that will cook a dinner so you don't go out and eat all the crap in the world. If you can't find someone, got check out my Facebook page "Geeks Who Lift" and message me. I got your back. It's just important to have support.

Thank you all that are supporting me and telling me already that I can do this, cause this time, I know what traps are laid out for me and I don't have the Toxicity that was that relation ship in my life anymore.

Best,

Claudia

No comments:

Post a Comment