Search This Blog

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Rest Day is important and also a little rant...

I am really starting to enjoy this blogging thing. Cause I can write when something annoys me without getting a bunch angry people at me.

So rest Day... I do Active Recovery, where you are going for a walk, cause you cant take it any longer sitting at home, or a hike or do some other activity. Yesterday was technically a rest day for me, but I went to the Renaissance Fair and walked 4.4miles thru out the day. I am feeling it a bit.
You can also rest when you are really sore. I had to do that a couple of weeks ago, I woke up and was so sore I could barely walk, that is when my body told me, You need to stop for today.
Also drink lots of water, it will help flush the Toxins that were released during your workout. Also don't forget to stretch and foam roll during your Rest day. It will help the recovery process.


Now comes my other rant... I saw someone post on Instagram their Food Prep picture and the caption was EAT FOR FUEL, NOT FOR FLAVOR.
This struck a cord with me. I wanna eat flavorful meals. I don't wanna eat bland food everyday. I see those meal preps and I think to myself, how BORING... How can you the exact same food every single day for a week? Well I can't cause I would not be staying on meal plan.
Healthy food and foods that are good for you do not have to be Boring or Bland. All the recipes I post for dinner don't take more time then 30-45 minutes. Cause I wanna eat with my family and spend time with them after. I don't wanna spend hours in the kitchen. So No you can eat healthy foods and they can be flavorful.
I eat about 1700 Calories a day. I love Pampered Chef's Southwest Seasoning, I used it in my omelet in the morning, a half a teaspoon has 15mg of sodium. And that is all I put on my omelet, I use salt very sparingly. In my homemade Salad Dressing I use Pampered Chef's Herb de Provence which has 0 sodium but tons' of flavors.

Be adventurous, try new seasonings, I love dill on my salmon. I put mustard and paprika on my Pork Chops and Chicken, these are all things you can do to make your meals full of flavor.

As a Teenager I did not know how to cook or had any inkling of learning to cook and now I love it, heck I make up my own recipes. So the one thing I can tell you. Don't be afraid to try a recipe and cook something.

Go and have fun in the Kitchen... it's an Adventure.

~ Claudia

No comments:

Post a Comment