Search This Blog

Thursday, February 18, 2016

Carrot Cake / Loaf gluten free and dairy free

So my friend challenged me to make Carrot Cake healthier and I accepted. Since I love Carrot Cake I decided it needs to be gluten free and dairy free.
So I scoured Pinterest to find a recipe I could adapt and I did.
This Recipe was the base for my Cake Loaf.

Here we go :D Yields 12 slices

Dry Ingredients:
2 cups of gluten free all purpose flour (I used Red Mill)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground Ginger

Mix all together in a medium bowl.

Wet ingredients:
1tsp. orange zest
6 tbsp orange juice
1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1/2 cup blue agave
2 servings of liquid egg whites
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1/2 tbsp lemon juice
1 1/2 cup shredded carrots

Mix well and then slowly add the dry ingredients. Add in to a loaf pan and bake in a preheated oven at 350F for 45 mins.




Icing:
1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked in boiling water for at least 30mins better be overnight
1 1/2 tbsp agave
1 1/2 tbsp Lemon Juice
1/4 tsp cinnamon

blend that in a blender until creamy, I used my Magic Bullet Blender, my Cashews weren't soaked enough so I added a tiny bit of water to make it creamy.
Spread on top of the loaf and voila.

Nutrition Facts: 184cals, 3g Fat, 38g carbs, 4gr Protein
Definitely a Treat.

Enjoy!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment